Detection dogs discourage employees from bringing drugs into the workplace. Areas of search can include warehouses, employee locker areas, parking lots, vehicles or most any other areas that illegal drugs may be concealed.
The use of drug detection dogs can accurately identify locations where the odor of illegal drugs exists. Our dogs are certified through the National Narcotics detector Dog Association to detect the odors of marijuana, cocaine, heroin and methamphetamine.
These dogs are also cross-trained to detect the presence of firearms (gunpowder).
All dogs are recertified annually. The dogs work at a fairly rapid pace and can search a large area in a reasonable amount of time.
Dean Bartels served with the Shelby County Sheriff's Department in Memphis, Tennessee for over twenty-six years. From 1998 to 2004 he was assigned to the Metro D.U.I. squad as a Supervisory Sergeant.
As a commander of the D.U.I task force his duties included:
1. Keeper of the Records and DUI Instructor.
2. Testifying for the State of Tennessee concerning Standardized Field Sobriety Testing and Breath Instrument Testing.
3. Standardized Field Sobriety Testing and Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus instructor.
4. The operation of the Intoxilyzer 1400 breath instrument in D.U.I. cases.
5. Maintenance and instruction in the operation of the Intoxilyzer 1400 breath testing instrument.
6. Operation of EC/IR breath testing instrument.
7. Providing S.F.S.T. training and certification for officers from the Shelby County Sheriff's Department, Memphis Police Department, Collierville Police Department, Germantown Police Department and Millington Police Department in Tennessee and the Naval Air Station Police at Millington, Tennessee.
Experienced in narcotics procedures involving undercover drug buys, search warrants, seizures and prescription fraud investigation.
Since retirement he has worked with attorneys on the defense of DUI cases in Memphis, Nashville and Jackson, Tennessee and Tupelo, Mississippi. He has also consulted on matters involving policy, procedure and due diligence.
His services are available nationwide as a legal consultant on police procedure matters and as a D.U.I. expert witness.
Fees are negotiated on a per case basis
Expert Services Include: